Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rola's Final

Dear Professor Amato,

I'm unable to attend the Final. I thought it was Friday and today I have another final exam. Thank you anyway for this wonderful semester and I will see you around in fall!

What I learned most from this class is stop thinking about the editing process, but rather try to take a picture the way I desire it to be immediately, appreciating the outcome as raw and as natural as it is. This has really affected the way I take pictures. I think twice before snapping a picture now because I try to use the options on my camera consciously for obtaining the results that I am looking for without the need of editing.

Another thing I learned during the class is that something simple can be beautiful and that sometimes it is those things we ignore that can be beautiful pictures. That's what comes to my mind with the picture below.

One thing I still love to do in the editing process is convert some images into black and white because with B/W photographs there is close attention to composition, lighting, and perspective, making it just right for the picture on the left.

With these three pictures I learned that sometimes it's a good idea to place pictures together and let them tell a story. I think Nicole also illustrated that beautifully with her pictures during the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment